Child Custody Lawyer
Attorney Erica M. Bansmer has served the Stockton community for years through her expertise in navigating the family court system. Her assistance has aided many clients in obtaining their best possible outcome in all domestic law issues.
As a Stockton Child Custody and Visitation Lawyer, Attorney Bansmer has represented countless clients with unique and difficult family legal matters to successful outcomes. Many of these victories have been reached in spite of the complicated nature of the cases involved.
Having an experienced Child Custody lawyer matters! The Office of Bansmer Law offers experienced legal counsel in this specific area to ensure that your needs are met and deliver fantastic results for your legal matters.
There are several issues to consider:
- Types of Custody and Visitation
- Custody Arrangements and Exchanges
- Modifications and “Moveaways”
- Third Party Rights
- Grandparents Visitation and Rights
Steps for Getting Custody of Your Children
For anyone who has to face the unpleasant consequences of a bitter custody battle, understanding the steps needed to get custody of your children can play a crucial role in success or failure of your desired outcome. There are many factors which play a crucial role in the outcome of your case. After carefully evaluating all of the provided information, our office will help you establish and put in place custody and visitation arrangements that protect the interest of your children while maintaining your rights as a parent.
California Child Custody Laws
In the state of California parents separating or considering a divorce must consider child custody and visitation for the children. California courts often refer to visitation as parenting time to reconfirm that the child is building a healthy relationship with both parental parties as opposed to restricted visiting time. The Family Courts aim to maintain a balanced family environment in which children can flourish and develop. Enduring the process of separation or divorce can greatly affect the emotions and behavior of children.
There are several resources parents can utilize to support their children during these times. California has implemented public tools to assist parents in evaluating these processes and making custody decisions. The Custody agreement is also known as a time-share plan. This plan places the mutual agreements of each child’s time with both parents, as well as decisions regarding the child’s education and conditions for a reasonable quality of life. Utilizing the Parenting Plan tool along with the legal advice of your Child Custody lawyer can guide you in creating a well-crafted plan for your child’s future.
In some cases, parents are unable to reach a mutual agreement and a parenting plan cannot be completed. In these instances child custody mediation may be ordered or requested. Custody mediation serves as a tool for parents to work out their parenting plan disagreements with an expert mediator. After working together and reaching an agreement the plan is sent to the judge and may possibly be ruled upon as the official custody order. If the parents are unable to reach an agreement the mediator, may be required to act as recommending counsel and submit a written recommendation to the court for its final ruling.
Six Points To Help You With Your Child Custody Case
- Document every conversation or meeting you have between you and the other parent and if possible bring along a third party witness.
- Consider using a private investigator to work with you and your attorney to provide documented evidence you can give to a judge as evidence against your spouse.
- Ask lots and lots of questions. Becoming aware of as much of your situation as possible can only help you more.
- If at all possible, try to avoid mental health evaluations. Carefully review your alternatives with your attorney BEFORE you get any evaluation.
- Document the conversations and other activities you have with your children. Keep track of any parental actions you may do during your custody case.
- Your children are the most precious possession. Work with your attorney to prepare for your case as best as possible. By providing all the necessary information, no matter how small it seems. Every bit of information is important.
If you are going through the process of a Child Custody case and in need of a Family Law Attorney, call Stockton Child Custody Attorney Erica M. Bansmer today at 209-474-2400 for a consultation or Email us in the form on the right of the page.